Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Still Twitching"

Obviously, as far as this blog is concerned, I have neglected the poor thing. But I will attempt to revive the experience as best I can. Like the egg, or the seed in winter, although it looks inert on the outside, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. When I looked at the date of my last post I had two thoughts..."I sure have neglected this.", and "I can't believe that much time has passed by so quickly." Both are accurate. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things with the blog. A lot of interesting work has happened in the seemingly dead space between the last post and this one. I'll be sharing some of that journey as well as current endeavors.

The beginning offering is a piece entitled "Winter Scene". It's an offshoot of doing white calla lilies for almost nine months for a show called "Dreams in a Rorschach Garden" last year. One of the challenging aspects of painting the callas was interpreting the various white tones and whites influenced by reflected color and translucent back-lit elements. Shortly after the show in September, there was a call for artists for a show entitled "Winter White"and this idea immediately came to the fore. I decided to try something a bit complicated in both concept and execution and the result is a piece that surprised and intrigues me still. It was a selection in the International Society of Acrylic Painters 2012 International exhibit July 14 to August 12.

"Winter Scene", 40"x32", Acrylic on  muslin over wood panel.
www.WBEckertStudio.com






No comments: