Monday, December 14, 2009

Delusions of Grandeur



I am quite often amazed (in retrospect of course) at how often I think that I've got it all figured out. One would think that observing how often I've come to this conclusion in my life that I'd have learned my lesson...but NO! I wonder why that is? I'm sure that part of it is situational amnesia...that once deluded that I've "figured it out" I am so relieved that there is an answer that I forget about the short duration or the spotty history of "the answer".

Umberto Eco's thought on the matter, "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." causes me the knee jerk reaction of nodding my head with the suspicion that he may be onto something there. In any case no matter, next month I may find the answer to it all...again.

For now, some visual meditation. "The Grand Delusion" Acrylic on two 8"x 8" cradled wood panels. This work is currently on exhibit but is available, so if you are interested, please feel free to view more information at http://WBEckertStudio.1000Markets.com or inquire at WBEckertStudio@gmail.com)

No comments: