Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fracktured Flickers



while working on these images i got to thinking about how i physically "fit" in the world.

i tend to think of my personal self as insular and totally inclusive to my own "place" in space and time...but experience, science, and "spirituality" seems to hint to something quite different.

how did i know what that other person was going to say before they said it? where do "my" body's atoms and molecules end and the outside's begin...exactly? why does it seem to me that "prayer" or positive "vibes" or energy is effective in the world?

at times these considerations seem to fracture my concepts of just what or who my self is...

does it matter, or is the only practical consideration the skin i'm in?

so..."cat branches" and "boy through water"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the cat.... in fact.. print it!

the second one "boy through water" is very, very reminiscent of one of Mr. Parrishs'... i think you finally got the effect down.

so many questions mr. E....just go with the flow... it all works out in the end.